LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney with more than 3 decades of experience in the legal field.
15277592

What is the equivalent of a CCP 473 (California) motion in

Customer Question

What is the equivalent of a CCP 473 (California) motion in Federal Court? My assistant forgot to file an opposition to a motion, and we did not find out until the court ruled against us on the basis that we did not oppose the motion. She thought she had filed it electronically, and in fact filed the proposed order and proof of service and will do a declaration under penalty of perjury stating same.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good morning,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

The Federal equivalent of the CA CCP section 473 rule is Federal Rules of Civil Procedure, Rule 60: https://www.law.cornell.edu/rules/frcp/rule_60

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Kindly, remember to rate my service to you. That is how I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best in 2015,

Doug