How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 118780
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Went to hh Gregg they had special 24 month interest free

Customer Question

went to hh Gregg they had special 24 month interest free purchase some appliance copy of one bill shows everything I purchase they gave me another copy which I sign that only had the price of two item didn't think anything of it 12 month later get bank statement that I owe 432.00 intrest
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Actually, what you describe is a breach of contract and also potentially an unfair and deceptive business practice. You need to start by sending a letter to HH Gregg and the bank explaining what took place and attach a copy of the bill and the 24 month interest free agreement and inform them that they are in breach of contract and inform them it is also a potential unfair and deceptive practice and that you are seeking for them to correct the matter or you will be forced to file a complaint with the OH Attorney General Consumer Protection Unit for unfair and deceptive practices and seek to pursue legal action against them.
If they do not respond to your letter, file your complaint with the Attorney General first. If the AG cannot resolve the matter, as they can most times, then your final option is you can sue for unfair and deceptive business practices and breach of contract and you can seek up to TRIPLE damages plus attorney's fees for the unfair practices.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
If you would please read the above answer and ask us any questions you may have about this?