Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Neighbors filed a civil harassment tro. They were denied. I

Customer Question
took pics of them breaking...
Neighbors filed a civil harassment tro. They were denied. I took pics of them breaking codes, having many trucks on site & creating much disturbance with their tow trucks. About the time they served me with a court date, 3 other residence complained about the coming & going of all the trucks I asked the defendants if they were DBA?? Next thing I know I was accused of harassment. Of name calling etc. I did not name call. They actually did name call. I called the police for harassment actually several times as their employees were roaming free. I had to have a police escort to go 1 house. What do I say to the judge. They made up a bunch of things
Terrible. I believe the overreaction is due to the fact I saw them tow a wrecked tow truck & proceeded to dismantle it for scrap metal. They knew I had seen it. They are trying to discredit me, I think
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
11/19/2015
Lawyer: Maverick, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Maverick
Maverick, Attorney

Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick. Please note that:

(A) The information we provide is general information. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by communicating with me. If you want legal advice, you must consult with a local attorney in person before acting or deciding not to act based on any information given here;

(B) When I feel that I have provided you with a complete answer, I will ask for you to assign a feedback rating so that JA will compensate me for my time; and

(C) You should not be concerned about any short delays between your questions and my replies. Please know that I answer most questions within the hour if I am signed on. If I am not signed on, then I still make every attempt to respond within 24 hours.

Thank you for taking the time to understand how this site works. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Need a clarification. Who served you with court papers? Is there now a criminal harassment suit pending against you or a civil suit?

Civil harassment filed against me ro denied. I have a court date
I am sorry A sheriff
CH109
I do not think it is criminal. As far as I know it just say civil harassment
I never left my property. except to walk next door which I need a police escort for

Are you able to upload what you have been served with so we can look at it?

I will need to scan & send. May take a bit. Is that ok??

Yes, please go ahead. I will be here till 6:30 CST and be back tomorrow too...

Oh great. I will send it all.

ok...

I am half way
I have all scanned. However, I am not very good with W10 yet. So.... I do not know how to get them to you. How about I figure this out tonight & will have them to you by morning

I looked at what you scanned but that is just a blank form. Did they serve you with a something that was signed by the judge?

Yes, tomorrow is fine....have a good evening...

Not sure how you got blank forms. Should I just call you tomorrow?
OK
If I cannot get these sent, I will just call you.

The document that gives you a court date, can you tell me what the title of it is and what it says in short?

I could not get the file to upload to this page. I called & they said to send them to***@******.***
I already sent the papers. In short they are claiming I am harassing them. The judge denied ro. In short lots of lies for them to be able to get this far.
Do I just defend myself at court. Do I respond with things they have done wrong??? Do I just stick to what I know is true??
I am going to order all 911 calls I made & reports in reference to this case. I will be back around 4:00PM EST
1 It is titled CH-109. Notice of court hearing 1 person seeking protection.
2 Person from protection is sought.
3 Notice of hearing
4. Temporary RO Denied Case # ***** 20150559
Filed Oct. 15th
Tina, Lawyer