How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Richard Your Own Question
Richard, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 55308
Experience:  Attorney with 29 years of experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Richard is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I gave a deposit to a soccer club and I decided to withdraw

Customer Question

I gave a deposit to a soccer club and I decided to withdraw my child before the season started. I was not informed verbally nor in writing that the money was non refundable. I asked the coach for a refund and he stated that it was the directors decision, and then proceeded to ask the Director and he stated that the money was forwarded to the league, Arsenal FC. I asked the league thru the better business bureau; however, I used the entity posted on line Arsenal FC, South and their response was "The player is registered to an affiliate of Arsenal FC who operates and manages their own business practices", and he relayed the petition and the response was no refund. How do I get my money back? I do not know who to serve thru small claims court.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

I will be happy to extend that offer to you for a phone call. You should receive it shortly. I look forward to helping!

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

I will also be happy to address this in this thread if that would be helpful! Just let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do u view the response
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for following up. I will type it now...I was waiting to see whether you wanted to discuss this by phone or in this thread. It will take me a few minutes to type this; I will post it as soon as I've finished typing it. Thanks for your patience!

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

The actions of all these parties is so typical...everyone avoiding responsibility by pointing the finger at someone else. The way to get around this is to file your small claims court suit and name them all as defendants. If they won't resolve this among themselves, the court can do so. It was never disclosed to you that the deposit was non-refundable, so they need to return it. And, by naming them all as defendants, the court will allocate responsibility and designate the culpable party(ies). Typically what happens is that once you file the suit and everyone has been served, they get together and refund your money to avoid the time and expense of a suit they're not likely to win. :)

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

I just wanted to let you know that I will be away at a meeting for the next hour or so. Should you have a follow up while I’m away, I will address it immediately upon my return. Thank you in advance for your patience. I apologize for any inconvenience.