Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Are the assets of a Revocable Trust available to a

Customer Question
Bankruptcy Trustee if the grantor...
Are the assets of a Revocable Trust available to a Bankruptcy Trustee if the grantor of the assets to the Trust files a Chapter VII with in four years however the Trust was formed in the ordinary course of estate planning when the CH VII debtor was solvent and the Bankruptcy is caused by an extraordinary event?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/18/2015
Lawyer: MIAMILAW1127, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
MIAMILAW1127
MIAMILAW1127, Lawyer

Hello. Thank you for contacting me. My name is***** am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

The issue is with the trust being revocable. Since the assets never really left the possession of the grantor (since the trust was revocable versus irrevocable), they will still be considered in the Chapter 7 Bankruptcy as assets of the grantor.

Tina, Lawyer