How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Loren Your Own Question
Loren, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 33097
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Loren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Recently have had botched dental work. The dentist said,

Customer Question

Recently have had botched dental work. The dentist said, after trying I can't repair this tooth as first thought, you need a new $5,000 bridge and she left the tooth in an unrepairable state. She reimbursed the $1200 after I had stopped payment on my credit card by issuing me a personal dental check. Meanwhile the credit card company was taking the time to revue the dispute and eventually cancelled the credit card payment. The dental office has filed in court a suit to be re-imbursed for the $1200 personal check. I tried bringing a certified bank check to the dental office for the amount once I was served court papers but they refused it and said see you in court. First, can I counter sue for an incomplete botched dental job? Second, do I have to go to court just to pay back the amount issued twice?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

How long ago was the bridge work done? Which state?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2 months
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not want to continue if I can't get a simple response
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
don't want to add more
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do not want the service now
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Yes, they may sue you for the check which was paid to you and they may claim additional damages and fees they incurred.

Yes, you may file a claim for dental malpractice.

That is about as simple a response I can give. If you need more information, I am happy to continue.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question?

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

By the way, they may also be entitled to punitive damages and attorney fees on the check you stopped payment if it is proven to be illegal.