How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hopefully you can answer this. I have a business whose name

Customer Question

Hopefully you can answer this. I have a business whose name is ***** ***** the US trademark office. There are businesses that are using the name without authorization. I've already sent an email letter to one in particular and have not heard anything
back. Please advise..thanks
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Michael Lykken, Esq replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a licensed California attorney. I am not sure where you are located, but because this deals with federal law I can help you answer this. I would find their actual mailing addresses and mail the businesses that are violating your trademark a certified letter demanding that they cease doing business under your name in violation of the trademark. If you are willing to license the name to them you could offer that with the appropriate compensation. If they refuse or don't answer, you can file a lawsuit in US District Court for trademark infringement and other causes of action. Usually the threat of a lawsuit will be enough to get them to comply.