How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am in need - partition agreement - document which I can

Customer Question

I am in need for sample - partition agreement - document which I can use as a template, I appreciate your assistance.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Michael Lykken, Esq replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a licensed California attorney. First, the rules vary by state and it is not clear from your question what state you are in. Second, are you asking about a complaint for partition (a lawsuit) or a contract agreeing to the partition?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am applying for in-house ( buy here pay here ) auto financing application in state of Texas via ALECS system. Anf there are some legal documents needed to upload one of them is partition agreement with spouse.
Expert:  Michael Lykken, Esq replied 1 year ago.

Okay, I did a quick search for you on this on the internet, and it looks like they want an agreement that your assets are separate from your wife's (Texas is a community state like California). I can't vouch for these docs, and no attorney could do that, but you can find a sample agreement here. You can find other sites in which people are offering to prepare them for not much cost. Good luck!