Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

I haven accused in a public transit if a fellow passenger

Customer Question

I haven accused in a public transit if a fellow passenger that Ive been yelling and drunk and spreading humors against this person, confronted me with her husband and it's a screaming match and they called police authorities
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.

Have you been charged with a criminal offense? If so, what? What is the status of your case? In which US state?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Her husband told me to stay away from his wife that I never talk or any other communication with her and considering file a harassment law suit against them
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There are people in the bus that can testify that I never yell or scream at her. The passenger in the bus knows what type of a person she is. Also the bus has a camera inside to show proof and need those files for evidence.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This happens yesterday. So I need answers.
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.

Did you sustain financial losses or physical injury as a result of their harassment? If not, you don't have the grounds for a suit. You may have grounds to get a restraining order to keep them from having further contact with you, if their actions made you fearful for your safety. You may even be able to get them charged criminally for harassment. But this incident, however embarrassing, does not rise to the level of a civil lawsuit.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I haven't charged on anything and the police log the incident. Is The restraining order is viable for this incident?
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.

Were you served with a restraining order? If not, there's no order in effect. BUT they have still put you on notice that they will get one if you have any further contact with them.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. This incident just happened yesterday. But being accused of something which is NOT true making me mad.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why is the restraint order against me that I did not even do anything illegal it accused of spreading humors? I should be the one putting an order against them since she us the one yelling at me and get embarrassed
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In the first place, she and her husband fang up on me in the bus and Taft ms the first time I have encountered with them.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
im a bilingual with a thick accent but she told me that I talk like Sofia vergara. That irritates me
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.

If we could all sue for whatever makes us mad or embarrassed, none of us would ever get out of court. But fortunately, we can't.

There is no restraining order against you, according to what you have told me. In order for a restraining order to be against you, you would have to be formally served with a copy of the order, and you have not been. What you have been told by these people, on the other hand, is that if you continue to contact these people, they will go and get a restraining order. That's a different matter.

They have put you on notice that they want you to leave them alone. If you go against that and contact them, then they can get a restraining order. Since you want no contact with them either, just leave them alone. You have no lawsuit here and if you ignore them, there should be no further issue.