How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dwayne B. Your Own Question
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 33928
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Dwayne B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am involved in a law suit, the lawyer other party filed a

Customer Question

I am involved in a law suit, the lawyer for the other party filed a order this afternoon
and sent me a message (Let me know if there are any questions). I did not agree with
Several things he put in this motion 1) he wanted me pay attorney fees, 2) his filing fees
And proof of service 3) he had included interest that was never part of an agreement.
What can I file to argue these points?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.

You file an Objection to (Whatever the name of the motion was).

In it you set forth why you don't feel you should pay whatever you disagree with. It's actually a pretty simple filing with no specific format required.

You can then request a hearing or wait to see if he requests a hearing.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do I file at the court house sand is there a form I need to use?
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

I'm not aware of any form, it's not something that is an issue very often.

You would file it with the same clerk of court where the case is filed.

Sorry for the delay in responding. We're having storms here and I keep losing my connection.