Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

If I think that was a victim of an international scam what

Customer Question
action to I take...
If I think that was a victim of an international scam what action to I take. How to I find a list of FBI agents in Neosho, Missouri
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
11/16/2015
Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 2 years ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about your situation. Can you please tell me a bit about what happened?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

I was asked to be An beneficiary For someone who is in Dubai, so he had to pau Non-residential taxes, which i paid and no funds has been received

Thank you.

Did yous send money abroad? If so, was it sent to Dubai or USA? How is the location of Missouri, USA involved?

2 transaction were Sent To Noor Bank in Dubai, others were in State
Person In Missouri claim to be a FBI Agent

Thank you.

What someone in your situation wants to do is to file a complaint with the following:

IC3

This is the US uniform submission site for online scams. IT will forward to the proper authorities. See HERE.

and

Dubai Police

Their e-crime division can be reached at +971 4(###) ###-####(general line) and one can ask for the e-crime division, which has a designation of "800243-800CID."

One can also file a report with UK HERE, but since the scam was from abroad, IC3 and the Dubai police may have more abilities to help.

Good luck.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.

The person in Missouri is requesting money to send a person to Dubai To Put hold on funds

You have been scammed. It sounds like this was a two prong approach, where the money you sent to USA was laundered to UAE.

You need to contact IC3 and the Dubai police. I have provided the contact information above. Let me know if you need me to paste it again.

Gentle Reminder: Please, use REPLY or SEND button to keep chatting, or RATE POSITIVELY and SUBMIT your rating when we are finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating.

Ely, Counselor at Law