How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I retired after 38 years of civil service. My husband of 35

Customer Question

I retired after 38 years of civil service. My husband of 35 years divorced me and was awarded an apportionment of my annuity. Opm began to deduct three separate apportionment amounts from my annuity, with no prior notification to me. My gross annuity is $4,290.00. My check after taxes, etc. and the apportionments for the last two months has been $346.64. I am not able to even pay my mortgage, as well as any other household bills. Shouldn't I have received at least an advance notice or something? Is there anything I can do legally?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What did the court order from the divorce state regarding how he was to be paid his share of your annuity?

Related Legal Questions