Cerecita
Cerecita,
1470369

Do I have to bring my prescription bottles with me on a trip

Customer Question

Do I have to bring my prescription bottles with me on a trip to Honolulu. I take 17 different medicines.
Expert:  Cerecita replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and welcome!

My name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you with your question.

No, you do not have to bring all your prescription bottles with you on your trip. If all your medications are in pill form, that's fine; if some are in liquid or gel form, they don't have to follow the same rules as the other liquid, gels, and aerosols you may bring. Pack your medications in a separate bag, so it is easier for the TSA security screener to view them and to have them put through x-ray.

It would be a good idea to carry copies of the original prescriptions or a letter from your doctor(s), naming all the medications you are taking/bringing, so you can show it, if asked. This is not mandatory, just a precautionary measure. You can see more detailed information at this website:

http://blog.tsa.gov/2013/09/tsa-travel-tips-tuesday-traveling-with.html

As you can see, for more information you can call the TSA Contact Center at(###) ###-#### ***** - Fri. 8AM - 11PM, Eastern time. Weekend and Federal holiday hours are: 9AM - 8PM.

You can also call the TSA Cares Helpline, which helps passengers with medical questions, at(###) ###-#### ***** hours are the same as the TSA Contact Center.

I hope this helped and wish you a wonderful trip!

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; that is the only way I receive recognition from the site for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed, and I will be happy to continue.

Warmest regards,

Cher

Expert:  Cerecita replied 1 year ago.

Hi again.

I'm just checking in with you to see how everything is going and I hope all is well! : )

Please let me know if you found my answer helpful or if you need more information. I'll be happy to continue to help, and all you have to do is click 'Reply.'

I look forward to your response!

Warmest wishes,

Cher