Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

What are my rights? My husband is an alcoholic. After 23

Customer Question

What are my rights ?
My husband is an alcoholic.
After 23 years I had an affair.
We have talked and he decided he would not pursue adultery .He is a very large small grain farmer and I agreed the farms would go to each of our children.
With that said I have agreed not
to go after a million 1.2 million dollar farm he bought (last year)
(Hello, still married here !)
Can I ask for a money "settlement
With payment spanning over 10 years (even if I remarry ?) and a gag order ?
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.
Sorry...gag order for what? What is it you want to "gag"?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My husband tells everything, personal and otherwise to anyone who will listen. We live in a rather small town and I thought MAYBE it could help just to have it in there !?
I also do not want our children (24 and 22 ) to know any details as they will, and have, made it their business which only results in hurt feelings and suspicion.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Thank you

Are you and your spouse planning to "work out the details" of the divorce? Or do you anticipate fighting over the details, in court, via the lawyers you are each paying?