Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

I ifineve in a condo community and am being bullied and

Customer Question

i ifineve in a condo community and am being bullied and harrassed by the board. the women that lives in my building has stolen
plants from me and is verbal abusive. the police have been called and she admitted she had taken my plants. they were returned and i let the case drop but now she blocked me from entering the building to say that every time i opened the door that there would be a $50 fine. i have called the police again and they told her to stay away from me. my landlord and i hve been to the rest of the board to complain, but this women is unstable and cost me and me only at least 1700 because she didnt like my patio furniture. etc. what is my recourse?
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

Hello

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

I am sorry to hear of this matter you are enduing.

I suggest, you can seek a civil restraining order. You can go to the clerk of the court in your county and file for one. And also you can bring a lawsuit for the $1700 that you have spent in this regard.

You can file in small claims court on your own, without a local attorney. And the clerk of the court will have those forms to file the lawsuit.

But I suggest tomorrow you file for the restraining order. If she then violates it, she can be arrested. The other option is to ask the police about filing to have her involuntarily committed for an emergency evaluation.

Please let me know if you have other questions in this regard. Keep in mind, I can only answer and provide information for what you ask. I do not know what you need to know, unless you tell me. Please rate positive as this is how I get credit for my time and information.

Thank you