Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I have a levy on my bank account from a law firm in ny i

Customer Question
been living in florida for...
I have a levy on my bank account from a law firm in ny i been living in florida for 10 years was never served
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
11/14/2015
Lawyer: MIAMILAW1127, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
MIAMILAW1127
MIAMILAW1127, Lawyer

Hello. My name is***** and I am going to be assisting you with your question.

Did you ever contract with the law firm for representation?

What is the connection between the law firm and you?

I never had contact with the law firm Houslanger and Associates. I checked my bank today and they said there is a levy on my account, restraining notice with subpoena. This law firm is located in NY I live FL. I was never server any paperwork so I don't what this is in reference to. I tried calling the law firm but it is closed today. I would like the levy vacated for not being served.

Have you been sued?

I haven't received any paperwork or phone calls stating that I have been sued.

Unfortunately, with the limited information you have provided, we are going to have to wait until Monday when you can get in touch with the law firm before we can come up with a plan of attack.

ok thank you

No problem. Keep me posted so I can help!

Tina, Lawyer