How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I moved out of a trailer I owned with a 30 day notice they

Customer Question

I moved out of a trailer I owned with a 30 day notice they sued me for back taxes and rent they won. I set up a payment arrangement for 75/mth...they files to garnish my wages Oct 29 before my payment was even due...what can I do about this?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

File an opposition to the garnishment motion. In your opposition, file your payment agreement that they agreed to, and ask that the court deny their motion for garnishment.

If they agreed to the payment agreement, the court will enforce this agreement.

(Make sure that you file your opposition and appear at the court hearing, if you do not, the court will enter the garnishment order "by default" (simply because you do not show up or oppose their request)).