How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am suffering from side effects from the propecia drug that

Customer Question

I am suffering from side effects from the propecia drug that was prescribe for baldness and prostate enlarging. I am 64 yrs old with ED and psyco issues. How can my case be won at this age after being on the meds for so long. I understand the side affects are permanent from the drug PROPECIA. I was doing ok without ED even with diabetes my sex libido was strong so I started having problems in that area in which I could not perform as usually. After finding the particular drug propecia has permanant side in which I did not know until recently I wonder do I have a case?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Chris T., JD replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I'll be happy to assist you.

Expert:  Chris T., JD replied 1 year ago.

To answer your question directly, you may have a case, but it would be against your doctor, not the maker of propecia, since your doctor is responsible for informing you of potential side effects.

Expert:  Chris T., JD replied 1 year ago.

The question here would be two things:

1) did your doctor inform you of the potential side effects

2) what your damages may be.

You have a duty to mitigate any harm, so you would have a duty to keep the doctor informed about the ED you are experiencing with the medication. So, there may be a window where your damages are legitimate, but at a point, you will bear some legal responsibility for not informing your doctor.