CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
71563194

I was being treated back issue the place that was treating

Customer Question

I was being treated for a back issue the place that was treating me had a doctor covering for the owner who was a dr he had terminal cancer and died during the time I was being treated shortly after his death the covering dr left and did not see any patients I was due for an evaluation to see if I needed more treatments I was called and told that do to unforeseen circumstances they would have to reschedule me but they have not seen any patients for three weeks now and tell me they are looking for a dr now office mgr will not talk on phone or return any calls I'm up in the air and in the middle of a unfinished treatment do I have any recourse with this place
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

If you paid the practice for services that were not rendered, yes. You can sue for breach of contract, and potentially have a medical malpractice suit against the practice.

Unfortunately, as a practical matter these claims may be very difficult to prosecute depending on the scope of the deceased physician's estate's assets or insurance, but as a general legal matter, you do have recourse.