How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was being treated back issue the place that was treating

Customer Question

I was being treated for a back issue the place that was treating me had a doctor covering for the owner who was a dr he had terminal cancer and died during the time I was being treated shortly after his death the covering dr left and did not see any patients I was due for an evaluation to see if I needed more treatments I was called and told that do to unforeseen circumstances they would have to reschedule me but they have not seen any patients for three weeks now and tell me they are looking for a dr now office mgr will not talk on phone or return any calls I'm up in the air and in the middle of a unfinished treatment do I have any recourse with this place
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

If you paid the practice for services that were not rendered, yes. You can sue for breach of contract, and potentially have a medical malpractice suit against the practice.

Unfortunately, as a practical matter these claims may be very difficult to prosecute depending on the scope of the deceased physician's estate's assets or insurance, but as a general legal matter, you do have recourse.