How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 118188
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a Residual parent and my daughters father wants me to

Customer Question

I am a Residual parent and my daughters father wants me to pull our child out of the homeschooling program I have her in and send her back to public school. Can he do this, when I am the residual parent and esp when she is a week to two weeks ahead on her studies. she is also receiving a 100% in her classes.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If you are residential parent and there is shared or joint custody or decision making, you generally will have the final say on education. If he disagrees, he can file a motion in court to change the school program and he would have to prove that the current home school program is not best for the child. Unless he can prove the home school program is not properly educating the child, the court will not order you to change it.