How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Loren Your Own Question
Loren, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 33013
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Loren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Former employer made campaign contributions through

Customer Question

Former employer made campaign contributions through employees. In my case I said no but donations had already been made. The employer issued non negotiable checks as bonuses in employees name but must have cut campaign a check. The employer made contribution of $4600 in name of employees. The campaign returned $2300 to employer and employer reissued that money in name of employee spouse's.
Employees had to pay the tax burden for the $4600.
I know longer work for employer and want to be reimbursed for loss of funds. What is my recourse?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

The employer has violated so many different laws it is hard to know where to start. You can contact the Dept of Labor regarding the bonus which was diverted without permission. Additionally, there may be an action for fraud to assert against the employer.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

The political campaign may have also violated campaign financing laws. You should demand the campaign refund your unauthorized contribution and also contact the Minnesota Attorney General to file complaints against the employer and the campaign. They will investigate and take appropriate action.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Here is contact info for the AG: