Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

My brother is the executor of my parents will. In July he

Customer Question

My brother is the executor of my parents will. In July he was on chemo therapy and was taking oxycontin for pain. During this time he was approached and taken advantage of by a person from EQT to purchase the gas rights of the property. There were three of us who had inherited the house and property; however we never transferred the property into our names. My brother signed the gas rights over to EQT and he received a check, that we have not cashed and after checking with the deed office in Pittsburgh I found that EQT has all of the gas rights. Is this legal - I thought that all three of us would have to sign this form?
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Has the court confirmed your brother as the Executor of the will?

2. Whose name was the real property in as of the date that your brother sold the mineral rights?

3. Why was the deed to the property never transferred?

4. Did the court award each of you a share of the property in a probate proceeding?

Doug