Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer & Real Estate Broker, 30+ years, foreclosure, land contracts, inheritance, probate.
18215332

Recording deals and false representation I signed a record

Customer Question

Recording deals and false representation
I signed a record deal with a scammer who told me he was the owner of an independent record label. Later to find out he is not affiliated with the label he only knows the owner. after parting ways from this record deal he has been threatening that he owns my career and that I better do what he says. What can I do?
I have videos and text proof showing how he goes around and gets people to believe that he is someone he is not
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.

If any of the material parts of the agreement were misrepresented to you by the supposed agent, Then the contract is voidable on the grounds of fraudulent misrepresentation. You may have to sue him to get him to back off though. In which case you will need a lawyer who specializes in entertainment type contracts specifically recording agreements.I hope that this information is helpful.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
MY question is if He represented his self as the owner of an independent label named QC records. They are really sucsesful but he doesn't have any affiliation with that label
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.

I'm certainly not contesting your information. It appears that the man conned you. I've already stated what the legal result of that is. The contract may be voided in court, which would release you from any obligations to that individual.