How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Irwin Law Your Own Question
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 7415
Experience:  Lawyer & Real Estate Broker, 30+ years, foreclosure, land contracts, inheritance, probate.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Irwin Law is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Recording deals and false representation I signed a record

Customer Question

Recording deals and false representation
I signed a record deal with a scammer who told me he was the owner of an independent record label. Later to find out he is not affiliated with the label he only knows the owner. after parting ways from this record deal he has been threatening that he owns my career and that I better do what he says. What can I do?
I have videos and text proof showing how he goes around and gets people to believe that he is someone he is not
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.

If any of the material parts of the agreement were misrepresented to you by the supposed agent, Then the contract is voidable on the grounds of fraudulent misrepresentation. You may have to sue him to get him to back off though. In which case you will need a lawyer who specializes in entertainment type contracts specifically recording agreements.I hope that this information is helpful.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
MY question is if He represented his self as the owner of an independent label named QC records. They are really sucsesful but he doesn't have any affiliation with that label
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.

I'm certainly not contesting your information. It appears that the man conned you. I've already stated what the legal result of that is. The contract may be voided in court, which would release you from any obligations to that individual.