LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

I'm presently out on bond Marijuana in the state of Georgia.

Customer Question

I'm presently out on bond for manufacturing Marijuana in the state of Georgia. I have bond conditions 8:00 curfew 3 drug test a month and subject to search without probable cause. My question is can I move home to new York or do I have to stay here in georgia? I can also show you a pic of the newsletter nd conditions
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. Seeing how you have an open case and are out of bond, with these specific conditions, you could not just relocate and move home to New York. I say this because you would need to get permission from the court, since you do need to comply with the drug testing and are subject to the searches, so if you leave the State, they would not have a chance for these to happen. As such, you would need to get permission to relocate and then have NY supervise and monitor you, if they desire, while the case is still open. This is not a situation whereby you are on probation and it can be transferred, since the case is pending and NY is likely not going to want to incur the burden of monitoring you on pre-trial release.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!