How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Does an inmate in Oregon have the right to ask second

Customer Question

Does an inmate in Oregon have the right to ask for a second doctors opinion?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer,

Inmates are not entitled to a second opinion while incarcerated.

They are however entitled to "adequate medical care" which the Department of Corrections has further defined in the following administrative code sections:

If an inmate is not receiving adequate or appropriate medical care, they should consider speaking with a civil rights attorney, or the ACLU (one of the more active advocacy groups for inmate rights). The Oregon chapter can be found here: