How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have fixer and stop bath, and 't know what is the law on

Customer Question

I have fixer and stop bath, and don't know what is the law on disposing those photo chemicals?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer,

This publication gives you a good flow chart for disposal of amateur photo development or dark room chemicals:

However, I would recommend supplementing this by contacting your local waste management service. Certain municipalities have more sensitive household waste water management systems than others (primarily based on where the effluent drains to). You may be instructed to dispose of this waste at a household hazardous waste management drop off location in your hometown. Check for local schedules, many municipalities offer free drop off dates for small volumes of waste (the amounts generally cover household use for hazardous waste such as painting, oil change, and similar chemical wastes, so dark room waste should easily meet these limits).