How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Irwin Law Your Own Question
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 7404
Experience:  Lawyer & Real Estate Broker, 30+ years, foreclosure, land contracts, inheritance, probate.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Irwin Law is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Is it legal to file a accident claim stating a wrong place

Customer Question

is it legal to file a accident claim stating a wrong place that the accident didn't happen and false damage to the car
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.

It depends on the degree of falsity. If the accident did not happen, that would be called "insurance fraud". It can be punished as a crime in most states and can also subject a person to a claim for civil damages. If the accident did happen, but the person is mistaken about the exact location, and if the damage that is claimed includes a little old damage, that would not be considered sufficient falsity to constitute fraud.

I hope that this ANSWER is helpful and that you will now enter a positive rating so that I will be credited for assisting you. Thanks for using JUST ANSWER.