How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 37639
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney with more than 3 decades of experience in the legal field.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am just confused. My family doc her secretary said she

Customer Question

Hi I am just confused. My family doc her secretary said she won't see me BC I haven't been to see her in a year. Im 37: yo healthy female. I havent been sick so I'm confused why she is refusing care. Its forv the same issue I had last year. It only a cream I need. I am not a drugv seeker nor do I have a hx of being one. Her secratary yelled and hung up on me. Confused
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good evening,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

It sounds as though the secretary was having a bad day and had a meltdown. Unless this physician is one that requires a referral from your primary physician---and as you say this is your family physician that makes no sense----then there is no legal reason that your doctor would refuse to see you. I would suggest that you call after hours to the physician's call center and ask them to have the physician call you personally. This will generally by-pass the staff and any issues they may have with you.

If your primary treating physician is going to terminate the relationship with you they are obligated to provide advance written notice to you by mail---typically certified. If they fail to do this is can be considered patient abandonment and you would want to report this to the Nebraska State Department of Health and Human Services:

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please remember to rate my service to you so that I can be compensated for helping you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2015,


Related Legal Questions