How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Irwin Law Your Own Question
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 7414
Experience:  Lawyer & Real Estate Broker, 30+ years, foreclosure, land contracts, inheritance, probate.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Irwin Law is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Kingman AZ. Attorneys, A Plaintiff which is myself won on a

Customer Question

Hello Kingman AZ. Attorneys, A Plaintiff which is myself won on a Self Small Claims Case the Judgement was entered upon Default 09/25/2015 at the Kingman/Cerbat Justice Court against this older man which don't work on disability selling Turqoise in Bulk paid the man over two thousand dollars and never came through since April of 2014 ?? I live in Massachusetts Just moved my Mother from Kingman to Massachusetts elderly woman 85 yo which lived across the street from this dirt bag which gave me reason to trust this man ? He's lived there many of years and owns a house with lots of personal belongs trucks cars complete house hold ! Would be useless to Writ of Garnishment ?? What gets me he thinks its Funny and has no intent to pay me ??
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. I'm sorry to hear that you've been taken advantage of and lost money. A writ of garnishment is good only when the debtor has regular employment. Otherwise, you have to find out what assets he owns and obtain writs of execution against those assets so they may be seized and sold to satisfy your judgment. If he actually owns his home (which I doubt, or he wouldn't be laughing) then you have a lien on it. See: THe property may be sold to satisfy the judgment, BUT the procedure for doing this is very complicated, and he will have certain exemptions. The same is true as to the vehicles. You have to know who holds the titles and then you can have them seized and sold by the sheriff. All in all, it's a difficult piece of legal work, and it is seldom done successfully by non-lawyers. You best chance at collecting is if the judgment lien is against his home and he wants to sell or mortgage it while the lien is in force.

Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.

I hope that this ANSWER is helpful and that you will now enter a positive rating so that I will be credited for assisting you. Thanks for using JUST ANSWER.