How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Loren Your Own Question
Loren, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 33114
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Loren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I never know what category to put my questions into. This is

Customer Question

I never know what category to put my questions into. This is a Civil case. I am holding settlement checks from my case, as I am in a dispute with my attorney, I am requesting arbitration, and filing a complaint with the state bar. However, I do not want
the check to expire, I can't not give them to my attorney as he has told me he has never had a trust account for my case. What do I do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Do you expect resolution to take longer than 6 months?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got the checks on September 5, 2015.The CA state bar says it could take 30 to 90 days to respond.There does not appear to be an expiration date on the checks, that I can see.
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the additional information. You should be ok. The UCC gives 6 months before a check goes scale.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Did you have further questions before you rate my service to you?

Related Legal Questions