How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 117401
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What outside organization can you file a complaint against

Customer Question

What outside organization can you file a complaint against the Detroit water meter.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Because DWSD is a branch of Detroit government, they fall outside of the MI Public Utilities jurisdiction (See: MCL 460.6). If there is any type of issue with them, the only recourse is through the Detroit City Council/Mayor or the MI Attorney General's Office if there is some wrongdoing on behalf of the agency. So you would either have to file your complaint with the city council/mayor and the Attorney General and if they cannot resolve your matter, you would have to file suit against them in court for the issue you are having with them.