How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 34957
Experience:  16 yrs. of trial experience
Type Your Legal Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I did not receive proper medical attention when I went to

Customer Question

I did not receive proper medical attention when I went to the emergency room with appeared to be a seizure. The evening of 9/7/2015, my limbs stared uncontrollably. I called an ambulance and they took me to the emergency room. I had 2mg of IV Ativan. They did not do a neuro work up. I was diagnosed with anxiety and sent home. I have no idea how I got home. Next, I was driving my car and hallucinating. My friends found me and took me to a different emergency room. There I was diagnosed with choreoathetosis.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** have over 16 years experience in the law. Should you like to chat on the phone I am happy to for a nominal cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested I am happy to give you more detail

I am sorry for this dilemma...but I do not understand your legal you have a specific question regarding this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am thinking about filing a civil law suit. In it, i would like to site wrong dis gnosis, delay in treatment, wrong treatment, also using the American Disabilities Act (denied proper health care) and the Vunerable Adult Act. Do I have any legal precedents? I have no idea how to start the process if I choose to do so.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Thank you

What you describe is not likely impacted by the ADA. That federal law requires businesses to provide a reasonable accommodation to folks with disabilities. What you are describing does not invoke the ADA. Nor does it invoke the MN Vulnerable Adult Act.

That said, what you are describing does sound like possible malpractice

IF the medical providers did not properly care for you, and their failure to provide proper care harmed you in some way? That would be a basis to sue for malpractice

Specifically, it sounds like the first emergency room visit may have misdaignosed your condition.

If so? You can sue them for the harm you suffered.

You would need to find a local attorney to prepare and present this to the court for you. If you contact your local bar association they can provide a referral.

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.