How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 116709
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What legal form do I need to get access to my deceased

Customer Question

What legal form do I need to get access to my deceased sister's bank account and her house in the state of Texas
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

While this is the new form for Texas from Travis County, the form is the same all around Texas (and it includes the affidavit of heirs):

Here is the Word document for you to used to modify and do not leave anything blank:

It is likely you filled out the old form and not the new one if they are asking for you for the affidavit of heirs. Upon filing the new form you would be in compliance with the changed law. Here is also a checklist for you to use to make sure you have everything correct: