How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 41064
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had a contractor come out to my home to add in wooded

Customer Question

I had a contractor come out to my home to add in wooded floors, I relied on a referral so I did not check them out, I signed a handwritten contract without even reading it, I have paid them 5400.00 so far and they have abandon my house leaving the entire job incomplete, when I call them, they promise to come but never show up, what can I do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA I am Ray and will be the expert helping you today.

You can sue here in small claims up to $10k here in Texas.

You need to check with secretary of state here to see if he has a registered agent for the business and serve them when you file.

Reference to small claims.

You can locate agent here.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.

I cannot do a phone call but can do unlimited email I will send you the offer.