How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask N Cal Atty Your Own Question
N Cal Atty
N Cal Atty, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 9394
Experience:  attorney at self
Type Your Legal Question Here...
N Cal Atty is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I recently talked to a officer about a car prowling case. He

Customer Question

I recently talked to a officer about a car prowling case. He found my washinton state foodcar in a car that had my name on it from about 2 years ago.
Anyways he called making it sound like I was a suspect. Once I told him that my wallet was stolen a couple years back, he asked me if I knew a Adam Dilger.
I said yes, he then asked me if I could make out a statement telling them that Adam Dilger did not have my consent having my card.
They then asked me if I would fill out a form giving them a discription, in which I said yes.
I'm wondering if this was the right thing to do. Because in the form it said I would agree to go to court if need be, in which I dont want to.
If I tell them I would rather not, would I be in legal trouble?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  N Cal Atty replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question.

Most people prefer not to go to Court, and it is not a crime for a person or a victim to tell that to the police.

Witnesses often get cold feet and change their minds about their willingness to go to Court, it is not at all unusual.

If they need you as a witness, the prosecutor can have you subpoenaed to go to Court regardless of your wishes.

I hope this information is helpful.