How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dwayne B. Your Own Question
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 33554
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Dwayne B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Is there anything I can do in regards to a ticket? My son

Customer Question

Is there anything I can do in regards ***** ***** ticket? My son received a ticket back in August 2013 and made arrangements to pay. He made the first payment and skipped the next two months and I paid the whole amount due the end of December or in January 2014, but before I paid the ticket I called the City of Lott Municipal Court to get the outstanding amount due. They gave me a total to pay including a $25.00 charge due to him not paying as agreed. I sent what they told me was due and now we are receiving a notice from some attorneys for an outstanding fine. I called the Lott municipal court today and I was told that because he did not make the monthly payments as agreed the issued another ticket for failure to appear in court. The are wanting to collect $418.60. Please help! don't know what to do...
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.

Technically they're not even supposed to discuss this ticket or the other one with you in regards ***** ***** an amount, etc.

There really isn't a lot you can do that is economically viable. You could hire a local attorney and they would likely get the FTA either withdrawn or negotiated down to a lesser amount but that is still going to cost you more than just paying the amount that is owed.

Your son can contact the court and find out when the next appearance date is and go to it and attempt to talk the judge and prosecutor out of pursuing the FTA but without a good reason for missing the payments the judge isn't likely to just withdraw it. However, that option or hiring a lawyer are really the only things you can do that might work.

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

In addition, you're not going to be allowed to speak for him at the hearing.

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Did you have additional questions?