How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 41549
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have no idea how to file a small claim. Are you available

Customer Question

I have no idea how to file a small claim. Are you available to call me? If I need to pay for assistance I will as long as it is reasonable. Marti(###) ###-####
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you today.

You can get the justice court petition for small claims here.You complete it and file it in the county where you are located.They will serve the other party here and then you are given a hearing date.You appear at the hearing and present your case and testify on your behalf.The other side does likewise.

The court would then enter a judgment in your favor.

Here are the forms to do so.

The limits for small claims are $2,500.You can sue for up to that amount and your filing fees and receive judgment for all.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again,.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

I sent you an additional services offer for more email time.I am not set up for phone calls at this time.