How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dimitry K., Esq. Your Own Question
Dimitry K., Esq.
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 41221
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Dimitry K., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Six years ago I was operated on back surgery, a bone fusion.

Customer Question

Six years ago I was operated on for a back surgery, a bone fusion. At the end of that surgery A reconstructive surgeon had to come in and reattach muscle and/or tissue to the spine. His bill was $74,000, the insurance only paid approximately $6500. I did not pay attention to what was being transacted, fast track six years later I'm being sued for a A large amount of money, I think it's $67,586.05. I've I contacted the plaintiffs attorney, I've opened an inquiry into the claim, and I am being advised by the insurance companies lawyer to get my own lawyer. I am currently disabled and on a fixed income, and to top it all off this is taking place in the state of New Jersey and I currently live in Florida. How do I go about finding an attorney to represent me?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

I am genuinely sorry to hear that you find yourself in this situation. As far as finding an attorney, what I would strongly urge you to consider is browsing the listings at sites such as and There you can search by fees, location, experience, and expertise, and there you can focus on past client testimonials and peer driven reviews. As you are being sued in New Jersey I would suggest focusing on NJ licensed professionals, although finding one licensed in both states may be a good idea, as perhaps this case may be removed to where you currently reside.


Dimitry, Esq.