Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer & Real Estate Broker, 30+ years, foreclosure, land contracts, inheritance, probate.
18215332

In August a man went to my mother/father's resident with

Customer Question

In August a man went to my mother/father's resident with permission from magistrate of powel Al saying reasons the pets were to be taken was for natureing into neighbors property,I was arrested for this reason at that time the magistrate gave me wrong court date just so happened I had taken a friend to court when I realised I was on docket myself I had no attorney they did not appoint me one but trialed me anyway I found out at that time they had given my pets to someone else I did manage even while being threatened with a gun I found them to be in a 12/12 pin in a foot of mud no dry area,no shelyer, sleeping in water they are continuously tormented by two pitbulls and the man hunts wild boars for past time,
Was any of this legal what are my options.
P.s The pets where on my grandfathers property and the magistrate sent my father a note threatened him if he refused release on my pets they would issue a warrent for his arrest
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.

It sounds like you need help from a local lawyer who isn't afraid to sue the person who has your pets. The magistrate had no legal reason to take them away and give them to someone else. Trying your case on a different date than the one you were notified of is error on the part of the magistrate. That decisin could be appealed. Bot***** *****ne: You need a tough lawyer to take on those people.