Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I reside in Louisiana and want to know if I am being

Customer Question
investigated and why? What are...
I reside in Louisiana and want to know if I am being investigated and why? What are my rights to information, where to find the information and any files?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/26/2015
Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 2 years ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Do you have reason to believe why you would be investigated? Has someone contacted you? Can you please tell me more about the situation in general?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

No one has contacted me. The authorities follow me anytime my vehicle moves; doctor appointments; grocery stores; listening to my cell phones; black unmarked vehicles cases me. I called Louisiana Attorney General's Office and the FBI's Office said no but I am not sure about these answers.

Okay. One last question, please. How do you know that these are the authorities?

Hello. You have not responded to my last query and I have to go offline fairly soon, so I will provide an answer based on what I know.

1) There is no way to know whether or not you are being actively investigated. Louisiana does have an open records law, but there is an exception for open investigations. The same is on the federal level with the FBI and other federal agencies.

2) As such, there is no way to "demand" to know if you are being investigated. You can visit the police or the FBI and simply ask outright. If so, then the authorities can choose to deny it, or, tell the truth and perhaps ask you questions in regards ***** ***** that they feel you may be involved in. Of course, counsel is recommended for this.

3) If you still wish to try for an open records request, you can request this of with the local police by sending THIS letter to the closest police division near you - see HERE. For the FBI, the open records request instructions are HERE.

Good luck!

Please note: If I tell you simply what you wish to hear, this would be unfair to you. I need to be honest with you and sometimes this means providing information that is not optimal. Negative ratings are reserved for experts who are rude or for erroneous information. Please rate me on the quality of my information; do not punish me for my honesty.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars or failing to submit the rating does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.

Hello again. This is a courtesy check in to see if you needed anything else in regards ***** ***** question. I am simply touching base. Let me know. Thanks!

Ely, Counselor at Law