How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 31680
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If I'm only 53 and my husband is 68 and is recieving social

Customer Question

If I'm only 53 and my husband is 68 and is recieving social security and passes away due to cancer, do I have to wait until I'm 60 to receive his social security? My husband has retired.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

If you are disabled yourself......or if you are caring for a child 16 years old or younger, you can continue to collect support. Otherwise, you should have to wait until you are 60. Here's a good link you can read: