Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I am in a nervous wreck I and someone on a networking site

Customer Question
Hello I am in a...
Hello I am in a nervous wreck I and someone on a networking site where you ask questions etc email each other sometimes anyways he sends me a large amount of money then asks for 1200 back no I did not send back.
He is from Ghana South AfrIca now I canceled my account on this site today well it takes time here tonight on my email account here somebody else emailing me saying they know I have their money etc bacially threats I am reanervous.
I am real nervous if I do not return the money next 24 hours something about me being responsible for what may happen I emailed the one on this site site maybe not a good idea what do I do now oh I did spend some of the money
One online this site to me is not saying what he told me what s up with that
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
10/26/2015
Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney

How did he send you money? Was it by check?

Regardless, what he has you doing is laundering stolen money. That doesn't mean you get to keep the money however. It is not yours, and besides it is contraband. You need to report the fraud to your local police and to the FBI at IC3.gov. You'll probably have to turn the money over to the police.

Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney