How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Gerald, Esq Your Own Question
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 3914
Experience:  30 years of experience
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Gerald, Esq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son past and I used funeral home. HE told us that it

Customer Question

My son past and I used ***** ***** funeral home. HE told us that it would cost me $3800dollards and the grave would cost $1800. All right his father couldn't come up with the grave money. So we dedcided to have him cremated and we pick out a caskit to. and brought him a suit. when we got to the funeral he was not dress and he wasn't in a caskit. and they let the public go down stairs and take picture of him plus their was no body that work there in the place. and he charge me $2600 dollard and my son was on a slab.
Rona Mcdaniels
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Gerald, Esq replied 1 year ago.


Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

I am very sorry for your loss. I am also very sorry that the funereal director acted in such an unprofessional manner, subjecting you and you family to additional unnecessary heart ache and humiliation.

There are two avenues that are available to you to seek redress from the funeral director:

1) You can file a complaint with the State Board that regulates funeral directors. In New York that is:

New York State Department of Health
Bureau of Funeral Directing
875 Central Avenue
Albany, NY 12206

2) You can contact an attorney to file a law suit for Negligent or Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress.

I see that you would like a phine call. I can do that for you if you would like. There are additional fees for the calls but I will try to keep it down for you.

I hope the information I have provided is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but it helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Expert:  Gerald, Esq replied 1 year ago.

I have posted an offer. If acceptable please click the accept button and post your contact number. Thank you.

Kind regards,