P. Simmons, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs. of trial experience
11181181

I am a Vietnam veteran with, service connected disability of

Customer Question

I am a Vietnam veteran with , service connected disability of 20% with VA. However VA
only credits my claim starting from the date I filed in February 2013. Actually my VA
lab test records show that my glucose readings have been in the diabetic range since January 2006 when I first entered the VA system.
I feel that the VA doctors who have been seeing me since January 2006 should have alerted me to the fact that my glucose readings were above the diabetic limit of 126, but none of them ever informed me until one VA doctor alerted me in 2010 and i have been
treated for diabetes II ever since.
Can I sue VA for negligence, or gross negligence or malpractice for damages in that they did not inform me of my diabetic glucose readings well before 2010 when it was
officially diagnosed by a doctor ?
Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Diabetes Mellitis II
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** have over 16 years experience in the law. Should you like to chat on the phone I am happy to for a nominal cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested I am happy to give you more details.

I want to make sure I understand...What is it you are appealing? The effective date of the claim?

If so when was the original claim filed...when was the decision given and have you filed a NOD on this decision?

Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Follow up...when you made the original claim, did you request an "earlier effective date" under the "liberalizing law"?