How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My Name - xxxxxx xxxxxxxx, Austin My name - Carlos Escobedo,

Customer Question

My Name - xxxxxx xxxxxxxx, Austin
My name - Carlos Escobedo, Pflugerville, TX - My daugter a now devorced, Bankrupt and heavily in debt to the IRS due to Her ex husband vices.
Now supposedly due to the devorced guild lines - he stopped paying on the house ( Last two months running) that my daughter and their 7 year old are try to refinance. So they can get his name off the title. He also pull out my daughters $1500 out of the account that my daughter and he had set up to pay the exciting Mortgage Payments.
I would like to know if we have any recourse.
I am angry and My wife and I are willing to hire a lawyer.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.


I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear that this happened.

What did the divorce decree say about the house? Was he ordered to keep making payments until it sells? Did the divorce decree mention that particular bank account? If so, what did it say? Was the husband's name on that bank account?