Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

What is the statute when it comes to the time frame frame

Customer Question

What is the statute when it comes to the time frame frame that the courts have to file charges on a misdemeanor DWI charge? Is it 6 months or 2 years. It will be past 6 months before I can even plead to the charges. Do the charges have to be dropped after 6 months?
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.

Has the case been filed with the court and have you had to appear on the charges? In which US state are you located?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. Louisiana
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please cancel phone request. It didn't tell that there was a $52.00 charge until after I requested it. Sorry. It's a pretty simple question
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for the delay. I was having my dinner. The statute of limitations on a Louisiana misdemeanor DWI is 2 years from the arrest. Misdemeanors punishable only by a fine or forfeiture have a 6 month statute of limitations. But a DWI has a possible jail penalty as well, so the two year statute of limitations applies.

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.

I'm not going to be making the phone call as you do not want it. But to get the charge removed, you'll have to contact customer service since experts do not have anything to do with billing issues and can't take care of that for you. Customer service is at***@******.***