How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 37855
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney with more than 3 decades of experience in the legal field.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A payment was made in error to a vendor. The vendor agrees

Customer Question

A payment was made in error to a vendor. The vendor agrees that the funds do not belong to him and stated he was going to return the money ($4135.00). I have emails stating this but now he is avoiding my calls and emails. What can I do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good morning,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Your remedies are pretty well limited to suing the vendor for return of your money. No crime has been committed because you transferred the money to them in the first place---even though it was in error.

Small claims court would be a proper venue for this claim. The suit would be for Replevin of the funds along with a request for a judgment in the amount of $4,135.00 plus court costs.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please remember to rate my service to you so that I can be compensated for helping you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2015,