Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

In county justice of the peace court 4 place 2 what does

Customer Question
In harris county justice of...
In harris county justice of the peace court 4 place 2 what does citation rtc mean?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
10/22/2015
Lawyer: RobertJDFL, Attorney replied 2 years ago
RobertJDFL, Attorney

Thank you for using Just Answer. I look forward to assisting you.

It means "Returned to clerk." That means that a process server tried to serve the complaint (lawsuit) but for some reason - a bad address, for example -- service of process could not take place so it was returned unserved. Once it is served on a party, the process server fills out an affidavit of service of process reflecting that they served the party, and the court records would read "Citation returned served."

RobertJDFL, Attorney