How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 118658
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband had an accident on November 2013, s lawyer

Customer Question

Hello my husband had an accident on November 2013, his lawyer dropped the case, and we still having payments regarding to healthcare regarding to the accident, and the person responsible for the accident hasn't pay and damaged made
we're looking for representation on the case
thank you Sandra and cesar colmenero please contact us at(###) ###-####or(###) ###-####
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

You need to engage another local personal injury attorney is what you need to do and you can find one at the same sites used by other attorneys, or

In the meantime, you need to send a letter to the other driver and their insurance company listing all of your damages and pain and suffering and demanding they pay. Your pain and suffering is generally going to be 0.5 to 3 times your total medical (all bills including what the insurance paid) and any lost wages and you add that into your claim.

You only have a 3 year statute of limitations to file suit, so that time is running out and that is why you need to begin looking for another attorney as soon as you can. You will get a new local personal injury attorney to pick up the case, but you can still send the letter making your demand in the meantime in case they refuse to settle.