Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

On March 30, 2015 I met with an attorney about 2 old

Customer Question
judgments filed against me, one in...
On March 30, 2015 I met with an attorney about 2 old judgments filed against me, one
in 2007 and one in 2008 that were never acted upon by the plaintiff. He discussed filing
a Motion to Dismiss for Lack of Prosecution (non pros) for me. He charged $1,000 each
to prepare, file and prosecute these cases. I made payments to him starting that day
and completed them on July 10, 2015. I waited knowing it would take time to file and
have a court date set - he said he would take care of everything. I hadn't heard since
then, so I called and he told me there was one more paper to sign (which he never
mentioned) I asked him to mail it to me -he never did. I sent a letter to him (& his
associate) 10/15 asking why didn't receive it and why this hasn't moved forward. I
am starting to panic. What do I do? I have paid $2,000 the amount asked.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
10/21/2015
Lawyer: LawTalk, Attorney replied 2 years ago
LawTalk, Attorney

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

The best way to get the attention of your attorney and to get the help that you have already paid for is to file a complaint with the Disciplinary Board of the State of Pennsylvania, District Office for the district in which the attorney works. Here is a link to the complaint form and a list of District Offices so you can get the complaint to the proper authority: http://padisciplinaryboard.org/consumers/complaint-forms/

Before you do that, you might write a letter telling the attorney that if they do not contact you within 3 business days, and finalize the action that you paid them to handle for you, that you move forward with the filing the complainant.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please remember to rate my service to you so that I can be compensated for helping you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2015,

Doug

LawTalk, Attorney